Monkey is currently weighing in at a little over 2 pounds and is about 15 inches long. I enjoy that up until last week one website was measuring her height at just 9 inches. What a difference a week makes! (All the other websites have been right on track with her height, so I never really trusted the 9 inches measurement, anyways)
And upon further reading I’ve discovered that the reason that one website had height measurements so off from the others is that for some reason that website, up until this week, has been measuring head to rump not head to toe. Weird. I think it’s a European website too b/c their weight measurements are always in ounces and kilograms and never pounds. Odd.
- She can suck her thumb. Wish we had an ultrasound scheduled. Not like it would matter b/c she’s never been very cooperative at ultrasounds. (aside from showing us her lady-bits)
- She can open and close her eyelids. Wonder if she’ll be like her mommy or her daddy when it comes to winking. (Fun fact, Dan cannot wink, he can only blink)
- At my doctor’s appointment this morning her heartbeat was going strong between 130-140 bpm. She’s funny b/c as soon as the doctor put the doppler on my stomach to listen for the heartbeat, my little Monkey kicked it and flipped to the other side. She does not like being messed with!
- Charlie Horses GALORE! It seems like I wake up every night with another charlie horse. Guess I have to up my potassium intake!
- This week, the dreaded headaches have begun. I have woken up with a headache every day and they usually last a few hours only to dissipate and then return in the evening. I’m going to look into firmer pillows and see if that makes a difference.
- TMI alert: I have officially checked into constipation city. Not my favorite place to visit.
- My sciatic nerve pain is back. Awesome. I was walking across my living room last night and had to reach out and grab the couch and then do some crazy stretches to make the pain ease up.
- Glucose screening went fine this morning. They gave me a 10 oz bottle of fruit punch that tasted like Hawaiian Punch. I got it down easily and then proceeded to read a book while I waited to have my blood drawn. I only got a little woozy when I stood up. I would like to thank my incredibly healthy breakfast this morning for helping through what people think of as the hardest part of pregnancy. Now I just have to wait to see if they call me in for the 3 hour screen. No news is good news so if I don’t hear anything, I’m in the clear! I have never wanted my phone to not ring before!