Monkey is currently the size of:
- FINGERNAILS! What the holy hell? That’s a frightening thing to think about. I don’t know why, but the thought of my unborn Monkey having fingernails kind of freaks me out.
- Other than scratchy nails of doom, there’s no other new improvements this week. Monkey is supposedly growing pretty rapidly and is expected to double in weight over the next few weeks!
- Have I mentioned that my appetite is back? Even though I never really had morning sickness to speak of, a lot of foods just didn’t appeal to me early on. Now? Holy crap, I will eat pretty much anything you put in front of me! Dan’s favorite thing right now is that when he asks me if I’m hungry, I always reply, “I could eat”.
- According to all the websites, this is the week I begin to feel “the quickening”. Seeing as I’m a freak of nature, I’ve been feeling movement for a couple of weeks now. But I am looking forward to feeling it much more often!
- Dan and I just got back from a trip to Ohio and my whole family just couldn’t believe how HUGE I already am. That’s probably more to do with my eating habits, but still. This is like the only time n my life I will ever be excited to have people telling me how big I am!
- Of course, the horror stories are also starting. Why do people feel the need to freak preggos out? Not cool.